I am scheduling some tasters of my book Watching the Daisies – Life Lessons on the Importance of Slow over the coming weeks. Instead of starting at the beginning, I will share my book’s ending – My Top Ten Tips for Self Healing!
- Have faith in a Higher Power.
- Appreciate every day, and its gifts, for Life is perfect, right NOW.
- Become proactive, research support groups and learn from others with your disease.
- Seek out a sympathetic GP and consultant, and write down a list of questions before each visit.
- Trust your intuition on what is the right treatment package for YOU; explore natural medicines and conventional medicine options, for both paths have much to offer.
- Avoid isolation;cultivate mutually supportive relationships with family and friends; ask for help when necessary, and do not hide your true feelings behind a mask.
- Learn to be gentle with yourself; REST and PACE your activities.
- Find a JOYFUL form of exercise, and create a programme that nourishes you on all levels. Be prepared for setbacks but remember “This too shall pass.”
- Eat small regular meals, avoiding highly processed foods. You may find some foods exacerbate your symptoms – seek professional advice, and eliminate any dietary culprits.
- Nurture creative hobbies and a career path that feeds your Spirit. Serendipity will do the rest!
I think they are all good tips for general well being.