A New Year invites a new YOU! It is an ideal time to let go of all the clutter that is holding you back from your true potential…
In 1996, I attended my first Spaceclearing workshop with Karen Kingston www.spaceclearing.com, after she published her book “Creating Sacred Space with Feng Shui”.
I soon realised that my life long passions for clearing clutter and rearranging furniture were in fact part of the ancient art of Feng Shui!
Since attending Karen’s workshops, I have included her Spaceclearing rituals as part of my own self healing regime.
Professional Spaceclearing is a skill that takes many years of committed training. However, clearing clutter can be practised by everyone and is a very useful tool for self healing.
My top tip for helping you to release clutter is to cleanse your home with salt, preferably natural sea salt.
Let me explain:
Salt helps lift the energy or CHI in a room. If you put a small dish of salt in any room for a few days, you will almost certainly get the urge to clear out clutter!
Please discard the salt down your sink or toilet afterwards.
In the aftermath of a salt cleanse, you will probably release:
- Clothes you no longer wear,
- Clothes you are going to slim into,
- Old Christmas cards, Birthday cards, paper files, computer clutter….
- Unessesary memorabilia,
- Objects with sad memories,
- Gifts you do not like, but still display rather than offend the giver,
- Excess furniture that impedes movement in a room…
When you let go of clutter:
- The energy or CHI in the room will feel lighter,
- You will feel lighter and more uplifted,
- You may feel compelled to release more belongings in other rooms,
- This will invite new CHI into the whole of your home,
- The CHI in your body will move more freely,
- Thus, your health and well being will improve,
- You will have more clarity,
- You will embrace new beginnings and positive change…
I usually do a salt cleanse every New Years Eve, and at regular intervals as necessary – perhaps six times per year.
If you are in the process of moving home, it is an ideal time to do a salt cleanse and a clutter clear out.
I look forward to hearing of your new beginnings!
You can read more about Spaceclearing and the effect it had on my self healing journey, in my memoir “Watching the Daisies – Life Lessons on the Importance of Slow”
If you enjoyed this post you might also like: