Creating New Opportunities
I am so thankful for my two week Easter Retreat. It has restored my Body, Mind and Spirit.
Indeed, lots of new ideas for blog posts, marketing and book ideas are emerging from my subconscious.
During the first week of my retreat, I had very definite withdrawal symptoms from my blogging and social media schedule. It was difficult to step away from my phone!
However, as time progressed I stepped back, relaxed and really enjoyed my break.
The Outdoors Beckoned
Mother Nature is my go to restorative, and I escaped outside as often as the weather permitted.
Everything is growing fast, and I have completed my spring tidy up. More details in next weeks garden post.
Clearing the Clutter
Indoors, I felt compelled to clear out lots of paper and old files. I ditched the following:
- Old paid bills well past their payment dates,
- Household appliance leaflets that I had kept just in case,
- Old magazines I had saved for creating Wish Collages,
- Booklets on local tourism attractions…
I am definitely not a hoarder, but it really surprised me how much paper I could release for recycling.
My sister expressed surprise that I had “anything at all” to throw out. She knows I am a minimalist!
Lastly, my Twitter account was overdue an edit. I actually managed to reduce my Twitter lists from 48 down to 25!
It is now much easier to navigate.
REST + RESTORE = NEW IDEAS = NEW OPPORTUNITIES
After my Christmas blogging break, I felt compelled to reduce my blogging schedule to just one post per week. This freed up my time, and allowed me to focus on creating new contacts for my writing and book marketing.
In the following three months:
- I had two posts published on The Mighty You can read them HERE and HERE
- I await publication of two articles in “Working Writer” online magazine,
- I submitted an article to “WomELLE” magazine. It has just been published and you can download it or read it HERE. “Colour your Life with Confidence” is featured on page 25.
- I entered a travel writing competition at Fred’s Blog. I shall be posting my entry here soon.
- I joined “We Love Memoirs” Facebook group where I will be featured on their Sunday Spotlight on 3 June,
- I submitted “Watching the Daisies” book cover to The Book Designer, and received very positive feedback in January’s Awards…
The interesting thing is my blogging stats have not suffered from this reduction in posts.
Indeed, the rate of new followers is increasing!
If you enjoyed this post you might also enjoy:
Brigid P. Gallagher
Categories: Self Publishing and Marketing