Get To Know Me Tag
Natalie at “Searching for My Inner Zen Blog” has tagged me in The Get to Know Me Tag
Please call round and visit her beautiful blog.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Month
May is International Fibromyalgia Awareness month, so I have tailored my answers to promote more awareness of this debilitating condition.
What are my strengths?
What are your short term goals?
- Maintain my health and wellbeing,
- Inspire others on their self healing journey through my memoir and my blog,
- Continue creating a healing oasis in my garden,
- Holiday somewhere warm next winter.
What are my long term goals?
- Keep inspiring others on their self healing journey,
- Create a healthy pension fund for my “retirement.”
What matters the most to me?
- The well being of my family and friends.
What am I ashamed of?
I have just finished reading “Daring Greatly” by Brene Brown. I have made mistakes in life, but I am letting go of shame. I am still a work in progress…
What do I like to do for fun?
- Watch a good movie,
- Dance round the kitchen…
What new activities am I willing to try?
- Sea kayaking,
- Walk a little of The Camino de Santiago,
- I attend a women’s group on Monday evenings and we have lots of fun new activities – the last one was calligraphy.
What am I worried about?
- I think my number one worry has been lack of finances, since I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. However, there has always been ENOUGH.
What are my values?
If I had one wish, what would it be?
All human beings, animals and Mother Earth to be treated with dignity and respect.
Where do I feel safest?
I always feel safe.
What or who gives me comfort?
My family and friends, and my faith bring me comfort when life is tough.
If I was afraid, I would…
- Tell my family and friends,
- Ask for help,
- Use EFT or Emotional Freedom Technique to lesson my fears,
- Use the appropriate Dr Bach Flower Essences,
What is my proudest accomplishment?
Writing my memoir to inspire others with fibromyalgia or other chronic health conditions.
Am I a night owl or early bird?
I am an early bird but I was a bit of a night owl in my youth!
What does my inner critic tell me?
No one will like it.
What do I do to show myself, self care?
- Listen to my body,
- Eat good nutritious food,
- Warm baths,
- Spend time in Nature…
Am I an introvert or extrovert?
A friend once said I was an introverted extrovert!
What am I passionate about?
- Inspiring others on their self healing journey,
- Environmental awareness,
- Animal welfare,
- Human rights.
What do my dreams tell me?
They tell me a lot about my self healing progress. I felt I was rebuilding a house from the foundations up after I fell ill in 2003.
What is my favourite non fiction book?
“The Artist’s Way” by Julia Cameron
What is my favourite fiction book?
I have read so many great books, but my favourite from 2018 is “White Crysanthemum” by Mary Lynn Bracht.
What is my favourite movie?
What is my favourite Band?
What is my favourite food?
Ice cream – in moderation these days!
What is my favourite colour?
What am I grateful for?
- A permanent home,
- Food to eat,
- A healthy car,
- My garden,
- Living in an area of outstanding beauty,
When I am feeling low, I like to…
- Sit in my garden,
- Watch the birds,
- Spend time in quiet and meditate…
I know I am stressed when?
- I feel overwhelmed,
- I find it hard to sleep.
If you want to take up the challenge, please feel free. I have so many lovely blogging friends, I cannot choose!
Brigid P. Gallagher
Categories: Self Healing