The Versatile Blogger Award Nominated by Kim from I Tripped Over a Stone
Many thanks to Kim from http://www.itrippedoverastone.com for nominating me for The Versatile Blogger Award.
Kim suffers from Fibromyalgia and she always inspires me with her words of wisdom.
She has written The ShadowBoxer’s, Fighting Fibromyalgia, Your Personal Journal. which happens to be the first interactive journal about fibromyalgia ever published on Amazon.
The rules of the Versatile Blogger Award are as follows:
- If you are nominated, Congratulations you have been awarded the Versatile blogger award!
- Thank the person who gave you the award and include a link to their blog.
- Select 10 -15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Seven things about me:
- Like Kim I suffer from Fibromyalgia. It has influenced my life since 2003, when I succumbed to a plethora of symptoms that were quite frightening. However, I have been very proactive, utilising lots of natural medicines, adapting my lifestyle and slowing down greatly.
- Donegal, Ireland has been my home since 1999. My parents came from this area but had to leave in the 1950’s to find work. Prior to that I lived in central Scotland.
- This is my fourth career! I worked in life assurance for 13 years, as a natural medicines therapist and teacher for 20 years, a student and teacher of organic horticulture for 10 years, and now as an author and blogger for 3 years.
- I used to go hill climbing before my illness. In Scotland, mountains over 3000 feet are called Munroes. I climbed more than 25 Munroes plus a few mountains here in Donegal. I now enjoy walking on flat paths and beaches…
- In 1997 I took my first solo holiday to Egypt. I have since visited Rome, Malta, Morocco, India, Bali, Greece… I also enjoy travelling with family and friends.
- I have a HUGE number of relatives as my parents both hailed from families of 11. Sadly, only 2 of my mothers sisters remain alive, and the last of my father’s siblings died in January.
- I used to paint, but blogging and gardening take up most of my creative energy at the moment. The paintings below are two examples of my work, the first in oils and the second a batik:
My nominees are:
Pamela at http://www.roughwighting.net
Miriam at http://www.outanabout.com
Elaine at http://www.roseelaineblog.com
Dominique at http://www.3cstyle.com
Carol at http://www.carolcooks2.com
Masha at http://www.mashaellman.com
Hugh at http://www.hughsviewsandnews.com
Jacqueline at http://www.acookingpotandtwistedtales.com
Brigid P. Gallagher is a retired natural medicines therapist, passionate organic gardener and author of “Watching the Daisies- Life lessons on the Importance of Slow,” a holistic memoir dedicated to the art of mindfulness and healing from debilitating illness.
She lives in Donegal, Ireland – an area of outstanding natural beauty.
Categories: Self Publishing and Marketing