A Meditation on World Healing
I am sharing this post from 2017 once again as it feels appropriate.
The world is in a great state of turmoil at the moment, and many people are fearful for their future and the future of our planet…
The opposite of fear is LOVE and my personal belief is that through LOVE we can change much that is out of balance in our world.
It may seem simplistic to think that MEDITATION can make a difference, but I know in my heart that it does…
Today, I felt compelled to share this simple MEDITATION, which I have practised every morning for a long number of years.
- Find a comfortable place to sit or lie down where you will not be disturbed by other people or pets
- Switch off any mobile phones…
- Close your eyes and imagine a beautiful rose pink healing light filling your heart with LOVE
- Imagine the LOVE from this rose pink healing light is filling your entire body
- Imagine it expanding outwards to fill your home
- Imagine it moving onward to your city, town or village, sending LOVE and HEALING to EVERYONE
- Imagine it travelling to EVERYONE in the country you live in, and then expanding around the whole of the EARTH
- Stay with this feeling of sending LOVE and HEALING to EVERYONE for several minutes
- Imagine in your heart what a difference this would make for MANKIND
- Gradually bring your awareness back into your physical body and into the room where you are seated or lying. Slowly open your eyes, before stretching out your arms and legs, feeling your feet strongly anchored on the ground, and giving thanks for the HEALING that has taken place
- REPEAT as often as possible.
If you keep a diary, note down your thoughts and feelings about your healing journey.
Do you have any thoughts on the power of meditation or prayer?
I would love to have your feedback.
Brigid P. Gallagher is a retired natural medicines therapist, passionate organic gardener and author of “Watching the Daisies- Life lessons on the Importance of Slow,” a holistic memoir dedicated to the art of mindfulness and healing from debilitating illness.
She lives in Donegal, Ireland – an area of outstanding natural beauty.
Book Trailer: https://youtu.be/r5GCjaetgZk