My name is Brigid P. Gallagher, and I have a passion for gardening and Nature. Learning to slow down has been one of my major life lessons, hence the title “Watching the Daisies.”
- Weekly gratitude experiences in 52 Weeks of Thankfulness,
- Tasters from my memoir in Brigid’s book,
- Photographs from my homeland, County Donegal, Ireland in Donegal – The Coolest Place on the Planet,
- Flower Essences for self healing,
- Gardens to inspire you. My own garden was included in The Donegal Garden Trail in 2012, 2013 and 2014,
- Pick of the Thoughts 2016 – my 20 most popular “Thoughts for Today” of 2016,
- Self Healing – posts to inspire your self healing journey, based on my 20 years experience as a natural medicine’s therapist,
- Other bloggers self healing experiences in Small Steps Up Mountains,
- Thoughts for Today inspired by my own insights on life,
- Travel stories – I am an avid traveller. You can read LOTS of stories about my travels in my memoir!
- Walks – Walking has been a major ingredient on my self healing journey. I share some of my favourite walks in these posts.
I was born on 8 March 1955 (International Women’s Day) in Stirling, Scotland, and aspired to becoming a doctor but God had other plans!
The first thirty years of my life were (mostly) spent following my head, into a career in Life Assurance.
In 1985, I had a major wake up call, accompanied by the realisation that I had natural intuitive and healing gifts. Thus, I began to follow my heart into a new career in natural medicines.
Colour and Crystal Healing were my first new learning experiences, followed by full time study in Acupressure, Aromatherapy, Reflexology, Nutritional Medicine and Dr Bach Flower Essences.
In 1988, I set up a natural medicines practice in Edinburgh, and soon after began to facilitate a wide variety of self healing classes, which eventually included Stirling University Open Studies and Summer Schools.
In 1995, I gave birth to The Scottish School of Holistic Healing, which provided a two year professional training in hands on healing skills.
My thirst for knowledge continued with further studies in Electro – Crystal Healing, Radionics, Spaceclearing and finally Emotional Freedom Technique!
The Homes of Donegal
In 1999, I followed my heart once again, relocating to Donegal, Ireland – the home of my ancestors. Unfortunately, my health deteriorated suddenly in 2003, and much soul searching followed.
After a two year hiatus, I retrained in Organic Horticulture, which led to teaching part time under Ireland’s “Heritage in Schools Scheme.” I have recently retired from teaching, and I now write full time.
A Diagnosis At Last!
In 2010, a diagnosis of fibromyalgia and possibly rheumatoid arthritis was offered. Thankfully, my knowledge of natural medicines has allowed me to embrace a number of therapies and self help tools to aid my healing.
My self healing journey motivated my writing:
“Watching the Daisies – Life lessons on the Importance of Slow” links directly to Amazon Kindle.
It is also available from other major online book stores.
You can follow me on the links below:
Copyright 2017 Brigid P. Gallagher