Colour Your Day
I share LOTS of self healing tools in my memoir “Watching the Daisies”
This is one of my favourites:
I ALWAYS begin my day with a colour visualisation; I have done so for many years and I find it helps me stay centred through the good times and the not so good.
I begin by closing my eyes and sitting or lying with my spine straight.
I make sure I will not be disturbed by other people, pets, telephones….
I focus on my breathe and take note of how my body is feeling.
Once I feel settled and quiet, I begin to visualise a beautiful, coloured, healing light above my head or crown chakra – the first colour that pops into my mind is the one that is right for me on that particular day. (Sometimes I need more than one colour)
I imagine the light moving through every cell in my head, my neck, my shoulders, arms, hands, my back and spine, my abdomen, my legs and feet before it travels on into Mother Earth.
I imagine the energy of Mother Earth travelling up to meet the light in my body, mixing with it, then travelling outwards to fill a giant egg shape around me (my aura).
Finally, I note how I feel before I gently open my eyes, reflect on what transpired, and slowly and gently face a new day.
Each colour has a significance for healing:
- Red brings courage,
- Orange lifts my spirits if I am feeling low,
- Yellow sharpens the mind when I am called to write or do brain work,
- Green brings me balance if I cannot get out into Nature,
- Blue aids communication and creativity,
- Purple brings serenity if I am feeling overwhelmed,
- White light contains all the colours of the rainbow and is a great multi tasker,
- Silver acts like a mirror to aid self awareness,
- Gold brings compassionate wisdom, something to aspire to!
Wishing you all many happy days filled with the joy of colour.
Brigid P. Gallagher
Memoir: “Watching the Daisies – Life Lessons on the Importance of Slow” is available from Amazon and all good online book stores.
Book Trailer: https://youtu.be/r5GCjaetgZk
Categories: Self Healing